Friday, May 7, 2010

Lindt 85%:An Experience

Ah.Lindt & Sprüngli AG.Or just Lindt. An exclusive, snooty brand. Housed in a throne (read fridge) of blue and gold all on its own, never condescending to be mixed with lesser chocolates. It is this chocolate, long suffering reader that I sample today.

Now comes the first hitch in the plan. I actually need to get the damn thing. So, I take my cycle, check for a whopping 230 buck in my wallet and head off to Nuts and Spices, Nungambakkam High Road. Sure enough, once i reach there i see the various bars of Lindt enshrined in its holy grail. After much deliberation, I tenderly pick a bar which says 85% cocoa. I fork over the dough and race home at full speed.

I tenderly unwrap the bar and begin to savour the Lindt experience, following the sacred ten step method of sampling chocolate (Google it :P). Lindt comes over as a melt in mouth aromatic chocolate that is just a shade too bitter to truly enjoy. Ah well. What can one expect of 85% cocoa. The great thing is, the chocolate feels and tastes high quality. An at the end of the day, one eats Lindt for the mental pampering that one has eaten Lindt. With that purpose served, I train my eyes on the vast realms of other food left open for me to conquer.

8 comments:

  1. Hey! Yeah this is so true. The same happened with me when Bournville came out. You eat and/or buy stuff (sometimes) to just have that satisfaction that you bought it and nothing else. Well, it's satisfaction, so enjoy it.

    As an actor in The Hangover says: "Enjoy the little things!".

    Nice post, keep blogging!

    PS: Register your blog at IndiBlogger.in if you want to get more traffic! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly Manav, we eat more for the Brand than for the actual product!

    And thanks, I have registered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god. My mouth was salivating by the time i finished reading it. Brilliant karthik :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice man! Love it.

    You know that most of the Indian choclates are waxy, American chocolates are sour and Brit chocolates are bitter?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @sne Thanks! More scrumptious posts coming up!
    @sid-> what do you mean by waxy? and yea,i guess Brit chocolates are the best since chocolate is supposed to be bitter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! :D And you have made me ever so hungry for chocolates now! Keep the posts rolling! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Try the Lindt 99%, you'll need to rinse your mouth with detergent afterwards.

    ReplyDelete