Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Accord Metropolitan: A story of empty plates

I stepped out of my first Law class, my mind a haze. Faces, both known and unknown milled around me. I headed to the Accord Metropolitan three blocks away to witness my friend Anjali Chandrashekar receive the Youth Achievement award from the Rotary Club. The event took place with waiters streaming about, handing glasses of Fruit juices. Needless to say, I sampled them all. The Cranberry juice was my personal favourite. The main dinner took place after the awards ceremony was over. A plethora of dishes awaited me, the items ranging from curd rice to blueberry cheesecake. The diversity of the food betrayed one unifying factor: Everything was bloody tasty. I leave you, reader, with the product of a free dinner at the accord, images of satisfaction.
To put it simply, Empty plates!

2 comments: